This is for those of you whom we love but because of our personality "quirks" we seldom stay in touch with, and even for those of you whom might rather we didn't stay in quite so frequent touch. -S&M

Friday, August 17, 2007

Leave This City pt. 2

Today was Allison's last day. I closed my door and cried after she left — there was nothing I could do to stop it. We've shared an office the entire time I've been at Talk and now she's leaving. I'm thrilled for her because I know she needs to do this, but I'm sad for me because I feel like I'm losing a friend.

I know we'll keep in touch, but I won't have her here every day with her desk next to mine. Just a half chair turn away. She won't be there to ignore work for a few minutes with and gossip or to try to figure out what word I need to use by using her as a sounding board.

I'm sure most people would hate sharing an office, but having Allison as an office mate is one of the things I love most about my job. And I'm going to miss her like crazy. In her honor, I promise to refer to her desk always as Allison's desk no matter who takes it over. Kinda like Ashley's office. Some things never change.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP