This is for those of you whom we love but because of our personality "quirks" we seldom stay in touch with, and even for those of you whom might rather we didn't stay in quite so frequent touch. -S&M

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Scanning for cats is no cheap venture

I go in for a cat scan tomorrow. My thyroid levels are off. One protein level doubled in the last six months. Not good. While a scan is better than than a biopsy with all its needles and the poking, it's not going to live up to the cost. $1,800. I'll give you a minute to let that sink in.


Long enough? They said it should only take 15 minutes or so. That's $120 a minute. Yes, that's right. A minute. The really bad part, that's the after-insurance cost. What I actually owe. And they want as much up front as I can give. Too bad I can't give anything.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP