This is for those of you whom we love but because of our personality "quirks" we seldom stay in touch with, and even for those of you whom might rather we didn't stay in quite so frequent touch. -S&M

Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight: initial impressions

The movie totally rocked. Apart from a few minor things that annoyed the crap out of me, I LOVED this movie. I sat sandwiched in between Mark and Erin on an almost full row of people our friends had invited. Mark seemed annoyed but kep to his promise of not saying "Awww" once. Though he looked very much like he wanted to. Erin was so excited, she held my hand through most of the movie.

The Good:

  • Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart - they were kinda perfect as Bella and Edward. Playful and serious, and intense and gorgeous.
  • Voice overs from the book that made it feel like the book I fell in love with.
  • Their first kiss - OMG! Much more powerful than I was expecting.
  • Stupid Lamb quote was intact and exactly the way it was said in the book.
  • The music kicked ass. Especially Muse during the baseball scene. (Erin and I sang along quietly to almost every song.)
  • I cannot wait to see it again in Chatta with Mom and Karen!

The Bad:

  • Edward sparkles so much better in my head.
  • Edward shows Bella that he sparkles because he is trying to scare her, not because he's sharing some wonderful, perfect secret with her as in the book.
  • Edward looked sick when he first smelled Bella not hungry or mad. It was sadly laughable.
  • I liked Jacob. (And I HATE Jacob!)
  • No "Stupid shiny Volvo owner"
  • If I hadn't known the back story of why they loved each other, I probably would have been confused. And that makes me sad.

1 comments:

ashley 7:40 PM  

I have to say, Edward's first scene with Bella made me LAUGH OUT LOUD!!! Seriously, what was RPatz going for there. He just kind of looked...like...he was going to throw a temper tantrum? I dunno.

Also, I loved Emmett! (I mean, who doesn't love Emmett?) And I thought Alice was perfect. But Rosalie was more like tough girl from the Bronx that delicate lily from the 1800s, no?

The meadow scene was awesome. I wanted to stay there forever. And I loved the rescue scene too. Actually, I really loved it all. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP